Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato Pie
This sweet potato pie is so easy to make and perfect for sharing with friends and family. With all the delicious flavours of Autumn such as cloves and cinnamon it's a hearty serving of warming comfort food... nobody would guess that there's a hidden serving of whey protein inside.
- Pre-made sweet pastry case (195g)
- 480g peeled raw sweet potato
- 75ml soya milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20ml agave nectar (or honey/maple syrup)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 10g oats
- 1 scoop (30g) Efectiv Vanilla crème Whey
- Preheat your oven to 180C (fan assisted) and boil a kettle full of water
- Roughly chop your peeled sweet potato into large chunks. Place in a saucepan and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Boil until soft, drain well and return to saucepan or a mixing bowl.
- To the boiled sweet potato add all the remaining ingredients (soya milk, vanilla, agave nectar, spices, oats and Efectiv Whey). Mash until well combined.
- Using an electric hand blender, now blend the mixture until the consistency is smooth.
- With a spatula or the back of a wooden spoon, now fill and evenly spread the mixture out into your ready made sweet pastry case.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool a little for the sweet potato filling to set, before cutting into 8 slices and serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a scoop of your favourite vanilla protein ice-cream
- Calories 200kcal
- Protein 5.5g
- Carbs 28.9g
- Fat 7.1g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40