After a slap up Sunday roast, is there anything more satisfying than a big bowl of apple crumble? Yes! Protein Apple Crumble, hitting the sweet spot and sweet, sweet protein macros at the same time. This recipe is so low calorie and full of healthy ingredients it's a totally guilt-free pud.
- 40g lupin flakes
- 40g Efectiv Vegan Vanilla Crème Protein
- 20g coconut oil
- 550g Bramley apples
- 5g ground cinnamon
- 25g agave nectar
- 10g brown crystal sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180C (fan assisted).
- Mix the lupin flakes and Efectiv Vegan Vanilla Crème Protein in a bowl.
- Add 20g coconut oil (make sure it is solid – refrigerate if needs be) and rub it in to the protein and lupin mix until combined into a crumble consistency. Set aside.
- Roughly chop up the apple (skin on for extra goodness!) and toss into an oven dish. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and stir until the apple is well coated. Drizzle the agave nectar over the top.
- Cover with the crumble mix, making sure it is evenly spread out over the apple filling. Then sprinkle over the crystal sugar, which adds a deliciously sweet crunch.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a scoop of your favourite vanilla protein ice-cream or custard.
- Calories 198kcal
- Protein 12.7g
- Carbs 20.7g
- Fat 5.9g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40