This sweet potato pie is so easy to make and perfect for sharing with friends and family. With all the delicious flavours of Autumn such as cloves and cinnamon it's a hearty serving of warming comfort food... nobody would guess that there's a hidden serving of whey protein inside.
- Pre-made sweet pastry case (195g)
- 480g peeled raw sweet potato
- 75ml soya milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20ml agave nectar (or honey/maple syrup)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 10g oats
- 1 scoop (30g) Efectiv Vanilla crème Whey
- Preheat your oven to 180C (fan assisted) and boil a kettle full of water
- Roughly chop your peeled sweet potato into large chunks. Place in a saucepan and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Boil until soft, drain well and return to saucepan or a mixing bowl.
- To the boiled sweet potato add all the remaining ingredients (soya milk, vanilla, agave nectar, spices, oats and Efectiv Whey). Mash until well combined.
- Using an electric hand blender, now blend the mixture until the consistency is smooth.
- With a spatula or the back of a wooden spoon, now fill and evenly spread the mixture out into your ready made sweet pastry case.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool a little for the sweet potato filling to set, before cutting into 8 slices and serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a scoop of your favourite vanilla protein ice-cream
- Calories 200kcal
- Protein 5.5g
- Carbs 28.9g
- Fat 7.1g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40