Pancake day is just around the corner, and thankfully you can enjoy delicious, authentic-tasting crepes, with added protein! American pancakes tend to have a raising agent such as bicarb, but French crepes are wafer thin and light.
The Lemon Cheesecake whey adds just a subtle hint of lemon for that classic pancake day vibe, but of course, you can change it up and top with whatever you fancy!
Serves 2 (4x 24cm crepes per person)
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 scoops (60g) Efectiv Lemon Cheesecake Whey
- 2 medium eggs
- 350ml soya milk
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mix and add in the two eggs, whisking them in.
- Gradually add in the milk, whisking to combine until a runny (single-cream-like consistency has formed). Let the batter stand at room temperature for around 15 minutes until it bubbles on top.
- Heat up a 24cm non-stick crepe pan, drop a ladle of batter into the centre of the pan and swirl until it has spread out and evenly coated the pan with a thin layer.
- Cook for around 1-2 minutes and then flip and cook for 1 minute more.
- Repeat until all the batter is used (you should have 8 24cm crepes in total)
Top with berries and icing sugar, freshly squeezed lemon, or your favourite toppings.
- Calories 438 kcal (crepes only, no topping)
- Protein 37.3g
- Carbs 47.3g
- Fat 10.3g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40