During lockdown I found myself craving Wagamama's White Chocolate & Ginger Cheesecake so I set about recreating it, with added protein courtesy of Efectiv, of course! This REALLY hit the spot, it is so creamy and indulgent from the White Chocolate Whey, and zingy from the ginger... the fact it's full of protein really is just an added bonus – you would never even know this is a protein recipe!
- 13 ginger nut biscuits (approx 130g)
- 50g salted butter
- 200g reduced fat soft cheese
- 500g plain quark
- 2 scoops (60g) Efectiv White Chocolate Whey protein powder
- 1 inch piece of raw ginger
- 50g white chocolate
- 5g honeycomb pieces
- Place all the biscuits into a ziplock bag, cover with a tea towel and bash with a rolling pin until all broken up into small crumbs (alternatively you can use a blender for a very fine crumb). Place into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter for a few seconds in the microwave. Pour over the biscuit crumbs and stir until completely combined.
- Line the sides of a small springform tin (6-7inch diameter) with greaseproof paper. Transfer the buttery crumb into the tin and press down firmly into the base, making sure the crumb is evenly spread out and packed well into the edges. Place into the fridge to chill.
- Into a large bowl place all of the quark, soft cheese and two scoops of Efectiv whey. Using an electric whisk, mix until it forms stiff peaks and holds its structure.
- Grate the white chocolate, placing half into the bowl with the cheesecake mix (set the other half to one side for later). Grate the raw ginger and also add to the mix. Fold in gently.
- Remove the springform tin from the fridge and transfer the cheesecake mix over the biscuit base, using a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Place into the fridge to chill for a couple of hours. Remove just before serving, sprinkling over the remaining white chocolate and the honeycomb pieces.
Serving suggestion: you can also add a drizzle of your favourite zero cal syrup!
- Calories 350kcal
- Protein 21.9g
- Carbs 27.5g
- Fat 17.1g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.