Who says you can't have your cake, and eat it too?! This classic Lemon Drizzle Cake has been given an Efectiv twist, with added protein... a delicious whey (way – pun intended) to enjoy the Lemon Cheesecake protein powder. If you have friends and family to feed this 10 serve recipe is perfect for afternoon tea and summer garden gatherings.
- 150g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop (30g) Efectiv Lemon Cheesecake Whey protein powder
- 3 lemons
- 30g icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 160C and lightly grease a small loaf tin (8.5x5inch)
- Zest and juice the lemons. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar.
- Beat together the 2 eggs and mix into the creamed butter and sugar.
- Gradually sift in the flour and 1 scoop of whey protein, beating until well mixed and fluffy.
- Finally, fold in the zest of two lemons and juice of one.
- Transfer into the greased loaf tin, loosely cover with foil and place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes, removing the foil half way through baking time to allow the edges of the loaf to slightly crisp up.
- Meanwhile for the syrup, mix the juice of 2 lemons with 10g of icing sugar.
- Once the cake has been removed from the oven, poke holes in it with a skewer and pour over the syrup, allowing it to absorb and leaving the cake to cool completely.
- Mix 20g icing sugar with a little water until it is a good drizzle consistency. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Finish by sprinkling over the zest of one lemon for decoration.
- Calories 259kcal
- Protein 4.9g
- Carbs 30g
- Fat 13.6g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40