On your marks, get ready...BAKE!
Now's the time to channel your inner baker and create a show stopping Protein tart!
Fortunately, you don't need to be Mary or Paul to pull this one off, just follow the recipe step by step and award yourself "Star Baker" at the end!
For this recipe we're using EFECTIV's Premium Whey Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter
Grab a tub of EFECTIV Premium Whey Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter - TODAY & enjoy this recipe!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup reduced fat almond flour or oat flour (do not use ground almonds)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA MIXTURE:
- 2 bananas
- 1 scoop EFECTIV PREMIUM Whey Chocolate Peanut
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Vanilla Stevia drops
PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 270g quark
- ¼ cup + 2 tsp peanut flour
- Vanilla Stevia drops
- Cacao nibs for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, reduced fat almond flour and baking powder.
- Add in the milk and coconut oil and mix to form a thick dough like paste.
- Take a silicone muffin pan and spray with 0kcal spray.
- Take equal sized balls of the dough and press into the base of each muffin mould, making sure to cover the walls of the mould also to form a tart shape suitable for filling.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown and leave to cool.
- Whilst cooling, making the chocolate peanut butter banana mixture by taking the bananas, whey, cacao powder and stevia drops and blending together in a food processor until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix together the quark, peanut flour and stevia drops to form a thick cheesecake like mixture.
- Once the bases have cooled, fill each with a dessertspoon sized amount of the chocolate peanut butter banana mixture. You will have some left over for topping.
- Top each with the peanut butter cheesecake mixture and cover so that it is the same size as the base, filling the tart entirely.
- Finally, finish off with an extra smaller spoonful of the chocolate peanut butter banana mixture on top of the cheesecake mixture and sprinkle with cacao nibs for crunch.
- Makes 6 tarts.
- Calories 178kcal
- Protein 15.7g
- Carbs 13.7g - of which fibre 6.8g
- Fat 5.3g