Pancakes can be a great macro-friendly addition to any nutrition plan; perfect for hitting the sweet spot and enormously versatile in terms of topping possibilities. They can also be batch cooked in advanced, stored in the fridge or freezer and zapped in the microwave for a speedy refuel. When I'm cutting, I always make up a batch (or 3!) of these low carb protein pancakes. I've divided the batter below into 2 servings, but at only 175 calories per stack, you'd be forgiven for having the whole lot in one sitting!
- 2 scoops (60g) Efectiv Whey protein powder (any flavour!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- Approx 6 tbsp water
- Crack the 2 medium eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add in the 2 scoops of Efectiv Whey protein powder and 1 tsp baking powder, whisking until all combined.
- The batter will be very thick at this point so a tablespoon at a time, add in water and whisk until the batter is at a light dropping consistency.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan (or add a couple of sprays of Fry Light spray oil) until searing hot. Add one ladle of the mix and fry until bubbles begin to appear on the top, grab a spatula, flip and cook the other side. Remove from the pan and repeat.
- Top with whatever fits your macros... berries and low-cal syrup are dreamy!
- Calories 175kcal
- Protein 27g
- Carbs 4.6g
- Fat 5.7g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40