With Efectiv releasing their special edition Gingerbread Whey, obviously I had to create something to mark the occasion. Old-school gingerbread men just weren't doing it for me so I got them swole on the Efectiv gains! Now these gym bros are chunky, deliciously spiced biscuits, ready to bust out some big flavour PBs!
60g unsalted butter
175g dark brown soft sugar
90g low calorie caramel syrup (Sweet Freedom UK)
350g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp mixed spice
1x Scoop (30g) Efectiv Gingerbread Whey
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Place the caramel syrup, dark brown soft sugar and butter in a pan, and melt over a gentle heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, spices and Efectiv whey into a bowl. Pour in the melted mixture and the egg. Mix well and then knead on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth and thoroughly mixed. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for half an hour. (At this point you can divide the batch of dough down and freeze half for later, if you would rather make less gym-gerbread bros!).
- Roll out the gingerbread dough onto a surface lightly dusted with flour. Cut out your gym-gerbread bros and carefully place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes, or until they start to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool on baking sheets.
- Once fully cold you can decorate as you wish (nutritional details below do not include decoration). These will keep in an airtight container for around 3 days.
- Calories 125kcal
- Protein 3g
- Carbs 21.1g
- Fat 2.9g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.