Protein skillet cookies are a fantastic high protein base for topping with your favourite things. Getting their texture from tinned chickpeas mean these sweet treats are actually full of fibre and far healthier than you would think! It's up to you how virtuous you decide to go with your topping, simple chocolate chips, or berries and calorie-free syrup would be fine.... but everybody loves a sugar shell egg... or 10!
- 240g tin of chickpeas (aquafaba chickpea water reserved)
- 120g apple sauce
- 20g coconut flour
- 2 scoops (60g) Efective Vanilla crème Whey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 40g sugar shell mini eggs
- Fry light (optional)
- Pre heat your oven to 175c (fan assisted) and place an 8 inch skillet inside to heat up while you prepare the cookie.
- Drain a tin of chickpeas, keeping the water (aquafaba) to one side for later. Place all of the ingredients apart from the chocolate mini eggs and aquafaba into the blender and blitz for a minute or two until as smooth as possible. At this point, the mixture will appear quite dry and even a little lumpy so add a splash (10-20ml should do the trick) of aquafaba and blend further until a looser but thick houmous-like consistency is achieved.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and spray with a little fry light. Empty the cookie dough into the skillet, spreading out with a spatula, and top with your chocolate mini eggs.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake on the middle shelf for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 5 minutes until the top of the cookie is a nice golden brown colour. Remove from the oven and enjoy warm!
- Calories 476kcal
- Protein 33.9g
- Carbs 58.8g
- Fat 9.8g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40