Vegan Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
These may sound unusual, but the tinned black beans create dense, fudgy, moist brownies that are equally delicious served cold or hot with a scoop of your favourite ice-cream. Turn up to the party with a tray of these and you'll be everybody's favourite guest!
- 2 tins black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3 scoops (90g) Efectiv Double Chocolate Vegan Protein
- 30g cocoa powder
- Half a tsp salt
- 150g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vegan stevia sweetener
- 70g coconut oil (melted)
- 30g vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 30ml water - optional
- 100g vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan assisted).
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips, in a food processor. Blend until smooth. The mixture should be dense, but if the consistency is too thick for your food processor to handle you can add 30ml water to loosen it.
- Stir in half of the vegan chocolate chips.
- With a spatula, spread the brownie mixture into a large (10x8inch) non-stick brownie tin. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top for decoration.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes and remove from the oven to cool. Refrigerate for a couple of hours (or overnight) to set, before cutting into 20 squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Calories 126kcal
- Protein 5.6g
- Carbs 11.5g
- Fat 5.5g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40