The Best Banana Bread - Ever!
That may sound like a bold claim but this has all the elements required to create the perfect banana bread; moist, gooey dough, crispy edges and just a little crunch courtesy of walnuts. Adding whey protein into bakes does have a reputation for drying them out but not only does Efectiv whey bake extremely well, this banana cake is filled with good fats that keep it it so squidgy those 8 slices wont last long!
- 2x medium overripe bananas (approx 230g), mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium eggs
- 50g coconut oil
- 50g peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30g coconut flour
- 30g almond flour
- Half a teaspoon baking powder
- Half a teaspoon baking soda
- Half a teaspoon salt
- Half teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop (30g) Efectiv Banana crème Whey
- 30g roughly chopped walnuts
- Pre heat your oven to 180c and spray an 8 inch loaf tin with a little Fry Light, or line with baking paper
- In a small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except for the walnuts, and set aside.
- In a large bowl melt the peanut butter and coconut oil by zapping in the microwave for a few seconds. Once melted add in the mashed banana and remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients to the wet stirring until everything is combined.
- At this point you can fold in the chopped walnuts or sprinkle them over the batter once it is in the loaf tin.
- Pour the mixture into your greased loaf tin and place on the middle shelf of oven for 30 minutes until the top of the banana cake has browned and began to crisp. You can test if the inside is cooked by placing a skewer or toothpick into the centre of your bake, if it comes out clean, it's ready!
- Calories 235kcal
- Protein 8.2g
- Carbs 16.1g
- Fat 15.5g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40