Pumpkin Spice Proats
There is nothing better than a hearty bowl of pre-training proats. With just a couple of simple ingredients and of course, a serving of Efectiv Whey as the base, the flavour combos and topping possibilities are endless. This version is a comforting classic, that can be enjoyed all year round.
- Kettle of boiled water
- 40g rolled oats
- 200g canned (or fresh) pumpkin purée
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove spice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30g (1 scoop) Efectiv Vanilla crème Whey
- Place the oats in a saucepan and just cover with boiling hot water from the kettle. On the hob, bring to the boil then reduce heat and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring the oats regularly. If the water reduces too much, add a drop more as required.
- When almost cooked, add to the oats half a tin of pumpkin purée and stir well. (If pumpkin is in season you can boil and purée your own from fresh!)
- To the oat and pumpkin mixture stir in all the spices and leave to cook on low for a further 5 minutes.
- Once cooked through, remove saucepan from the heat and add 1 scoop of Efectiv Vanilla Crème Whey. Stir in thoroughly, adding a further drop of water if required to get your ideal consistency.
Before serving, top with your favourite nutritious fruit and nuts.
- Calories 352kcal
- Protein 28.8g
- Carbs 45.7g
- Fat 4.9g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40