Mini Baked Vanilla Cheesecakes
A classic New York baked cheesecake is one of my all-time-favourite desserts, but with a fairly high fat content, and carby biscuit base, they can be hard to fit into your macro and calorie targets when cutting. So I set about experimenting to make some snack-sized portions that would hit the spot, without hitting too many carbs! They taste SO delicious, just like the real thing, and at only 154 calories each, they are easy enough to muscle in to a day of well-balanced eats!
- 30g unsalted butter
- 3 tsp granulated stevia (approx 1.5g)
- A pinch of salt
- 80g ground almonds
- 1 medium egg
- 200g tub reduced fat soft cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop (30g) Efectiv Vanilla Creme whey
- Preheat your oven to 160c.
- Using a non-stick muffin tray, spray 8 of the cavities with a little FryLight and place a small circle of greaseproof paper into the base of each one.
- Weigh out 30g of unsalted butter into a microwave-safe bowl and heat up for a few seconds to soften.
- To the butter, add the stevia, salt and ground almonds. Combine until a breadcrumb texture has been formed.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the 8 muffin cavities, and press down firmly until it is all compacted in. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then remove and allow to cool whilst completing the next steps...
- Whisk 1 medium egg in a bowl, then add in a tub of low fat soft cheese and 2 teaspsoons of vanilla extract. Hand whisk until fully combined and smooth, with the mixture beginning to thicken.
- Whisk in 1 scoop of Efectiv Vanilla Creme whey, until you have a dense, creamy mixture.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the baked cheesecake bases and then bake in the oven for around 15 minutes. The cheesecake mix will rise and begin to lightly brown on top.
- Turn off the oven, fully open the oven door and allow the cheesecakes to cool in the oven. They will sink back down flat. Once cooled put them in the fridge for 1 hour.
- To serve, turn the muffin tin upside down on a chopping board, or run along the edges of each cheesecake with a sharp knife if they need a little help.
- Calories 154kcal
- Protein 8g
- Carbs 2.6g
- Fat 11.9g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40