Cinnamon Protein French Toast
As the weather turns colder it's time to bring back the autumnal spices. Nothing cries 'cosy Sunday morning' at me more than my Cinnamon Protein French Toast. It's quick and easy to throw together, so you can get back to, relaxing asap!
- 1 medium egg
- 30ml soya milk
- 1 scoop (30g) Efectiv Vanilla Creme Whey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 medium slices of granary/oat bread
- Low calorie oil spray (if required)
- Whisk the egg and soya milk together. Then whisk in the Efectiv Vanilla Creme Whey and cinnamon until well combined. This mix should be thick so avoid the temptation to dilute it with water or more milk!
- Pour into a wide shallow dish or baking tray and dredge the slices of bread in the wet mixture, turning over and using a spoon to evenly coat both sides if necessary.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan (or use a couple of squirts of low calorie oil spray) until it is searing hot. Carefully place the slices of bread into the pan and fry until the side down has cooked through and begun to brown and crisp up. Flip over and repeat on the other side.
Serving suggestion: Blueberries and cinnamon are a match made in heaven, so I like to warm some up (in the microwave if I'm being extra lazy!) and serve over the toast with a light drizzle of peanut butter. Delish!
- Calories 404kcal
- Protein 36g
- Carbs 44.6g
- Fat 8.2g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40