Chocolate Protein Balls
I like to snack. A lot. These giant protein balls are so deliciously indulgent I have to admit I have been obsessed since developing this recipe. Simply put, they are chocolately, fudgy, nut-butter-y bites of awesomeness that are so packed with protein that I don't feel in the slightest bit guilty about eating more than one at a time. No baking required, simply whizz up in your blender, roll into balls and enjoy straight from the fridge. You can thank me later.
- 5 30g scoops of Efectiv Double Chocolate Whey
- 10g cocoa powder
- 25g almonds
- 25g pitted dates
- 25g coconut oil
- 100g almond butter
- 100ml cold water
- 15g desiccated coconut
- In a small bowl warm the coconut oil and almond butter together in a microwave until they are runny. Set to one side.
- Place all the dry ingredients except for the desiccated coconut into your blender. Blend until the almonds and dates have been chopped down into fine pieces.
- Pour in the (now slightly cooled) melted coconut oil and almond butter into the blender, along with 100ml cold water. Blitz until everything has combined into a dense paste-like consistency.
- Before rolling into balls place the mixture into the fridge to cool a little if it feels sticky. It also helps to run your hands under a cold tap to avoid the mixture sticking when you roll it!
- Using an ice-cream scoop for portion control (or a dessert spoon), take a scoop of the mixture and roll it between your palms for a few seconds until it is a neat, compacted ball. Then roll or toss your ball into the desiccated coconut.
- These will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a week, or a month in the freezer (just pull out 5-10 minutes before eating for it to meet room temperature).
- Calories 150kcal
- Protein 11.6g
- Carbs 4.5g
- Fat 9.4g
Recipe by Fuelled By Macros. Get 40% off Efectiv with code FBM40