I started going to the gym in my first year of secondary school and never looked back, I was 14 years old. The gym was always an extra to me as I used to play rugby three times a week representing club and county.
At the age of 14 my rugby coach put me forward to an "Olympic style lifting" coach. After just a month of training with the coach I was put in to my first competition, competing in the u17’s Welsh championship at the age of 14 and winning 1st place and Competing again three years later in the u19’ and claiming first place.
Unfortunately I had to stop the lifting and rugby due to a bad hamstring injury. At the age of 16 I left school and plied my trade as a plasterer for two and a half years, still training every morning and evening.
The amount of time I spent doing what I love "training" took a lot of space so I decided to quit my job as a plasterer and pursue a job in fitness. I soon got my level 2 and 3 personal trainer course and became a personal trainer with just 2 or 3 clients a week.
After just two years I now have my own class three times a week with between 30-50 people a time, I instruct seven other classes a week boot camp and boxing, and have over 30 hard working clients who I am an inspiration and motivational figure for.
Nutrition Plan (Based on Ave Daily)
- 5:30am – 2 x Vitamin C tablets, EFECTIV Glutamine Plus, strong black coffee
- 6:00am - Morning cardio, 15 minute power walk 20 minute hill sprint, 15 minute power walk
- 6:50am - EFECTIV AIM (Amino Acid Matrix)
- 7:00am – 2 x Salmon fillets, baby spinach
- 9:30am - 2 x full eggs, 2 egg whites, 4 asparagus and EFECTIV Whey shake (boost the protein intake)
- 11:30am - Steak, asparagus and broccoli
- 1:30pm – Pre-Workout weights e,g chest session, EFECTIV Whey shake & strong black coffee
- 2:30pm EFECTIV AIM
- 2:45pm 1 x Chicken breast, sweet potato, asparagus & spinach
- 4:45pm Hand full almond nuts, hand full blue berries, hand full raspberries
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm Fitness class
- EFECTIV AIM in between
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm Fitness class
- 7:30pm Chicken, broccoli, asparagus and 1 x tea spoon macadamia oil (restore good fats)
- 10:00pm 1 x Omelet, 3 x full eggs, 3 egg whites and chopped green pepper
- Before bed - 2x Vitamin C
5-8 litres water per day
Eating good food mixed with good quality supplements little and often is the key to dropping that body fat!
Use coconut oil or macadamia oil in foods which lack good fats e.g turkey, chicken.
It's also good but at the same time, but not essential, to get the good fatty foods in early while your metabolism is kick starting e.g oily fish, steak and full eggs.
This diet is for both men and women and I’ve used with many of my clients, most women who work day to day can't tend to get all the meals in so as an alternative the nuts & berries meal can be used in replacement as a snack along with an EFECTIV Whey shake to boost the pristine intake whilst still getting the good fats from nuts, vitamins and goodness from the berries.
EFECTIV AIM is a high quality amino acid formula which can be taken before, during or after exercise. It’s just a preference for me after exercise and or in between workouts when there is no time to eat.
If you are wanting to stay or get as lean as possible its recommended to reduce any carbs and replace with tea spoon of macadamia or coconut oil for your essential fats, which are needed for reducing the body fat whilst still holding on to muscle.
One last tip, carb meals such as sweet potato to be eaten the meal before or and after exercise, whilst your metabolism is working at a high to utlise these complex and slow releasing carbs.